Friday, January 1, 2010

Unleashing some beauty……

Unleashing some beauty……
It was still dawn. I woke up thinking about the dream I had the last night. I was not sure if I could figure it out perfectly but I knew that the lingering taste of it was so profound that I could take it along with me. I got out of my bed. I just turned to my window and opened the curtains. The sun was still struggling to get up, just like some tired kid sleeping with the purest expression on face. I gradually escaped myself from that temptation and went on to finish the daily morning rituals with the least staleness possible. The fragrance of coffee was stimulating my memory. My mind started running through my dream once again.
It was a scenic hill. All around it was just an asymmetrical, unfinished view. Stunningly out of proportion beauty! It was mesmerizing enough to prod me to find some climax there. No doubt I wanted to reach the peak. I kept climbing it up. Every stride I took was making that hill look even more intricate to me. Soon I was sitting on the peak of that hill. It was above all the destinations I had travelled to so far. It had transcended all the depth I could perceive. From that point I could see the clean, blue and huge sky. I kept looking at it only to realize that it had neither a start nor an end. But it was still a beauty in concord..beauty in harmony..beauty in rhythm! No wonder the sky was staring at the lake right down there. I don’t know what was more enthralling, the distance between the sky and that lake or the contrast between their beauties! One signifies the endlessness and the other signifies stillness. One demands height and the other demands depth. One craves for the lofty, Utopian world up there and the other oozes simple, elegant beauty. I kept wondering. I was sitting right between the sky and the lake.
Just then from nowhere a kid came running to me. He started looking at me with an innocent smile on his face. He wanted to ask me something. The spark in his eyes kept me hooked to him even before he could amuse me with his question. He finally asked me how to touch the sky. I did not have the answer. He kept repeating it with the same zeal and hope. He would not go. His smile would not die down. Just then my heart said to me that he ought to be answered. I looked up at the sky. I looked down at the lake. I took that kid down to that lake. I told him just to keep looking at the lake. He followed me. He got engrossed. Only after a while, he started giggling and started jumping around.
He got his answer and in his answer lies my answer too. What was more enthralling; it was neither the distance between the sky and the lake nor the contrast between their beauties! It was the fact that the height of the sky was residing in the depth of that lake….
I was still sipping my coffee.. I looked out. The sun was all perfect now. The day had started. I was bracing myself up to embark on it. I was feeling very light now. I finished my coffee and started my day with its taste lasting forever….


DEEPALI S. BASUR
Co-founder & Chief Editor,
www.ethinksharp.com, an e-magazine dedicated to the 'YOUTH'.

No comments: